Monday, March 28, 2011

Genoa

One word, three syllables: a-maz-ing. That's the word I'd use to encapsulate all that is Genoa on Southeast Belmont in Portland. This restaurant hosted what is definitely in the top five meals of my entire life, not only based on the delicious food but also on the gorgeous presentation and the wonderful ambiance. A group of friends and I chose to have dinner at Genoa prior to Pink Martini's New Year's Eve concert downtown, and the dining experience did not fail to impress.

Chef David Anderson put on a fabulous collaborative effort with Sous Chef Daniel Mondok for a seven-course dinner. For $80 per person, (plus stellar wine pairings), my friends and I dined on some of the most beautiful food I've ever seen on a plate. For example, this lovely course hosted rich, creamy risotto with lobster tail.

For my main course I dined on blood orange duck, but got to snack on my neighbor's dishes, too!


And while New Year's Eve was certainly a special occasion, (who can spend this much on dinner otherwise?), I'd spend future special occasions at Genoa just to see how beautiful and tasty a whole new set of options may be, (the menu changes monthly). For example, March offers such culinary delights like the Carpaccio di manzo: antipasti of seared beef tenderloin, finished with horseradish mayo, micro herb salad, capers and beet pickled egg.

Of course, Genoa recently opened up a more affordable cafe right next store, Accanto. Look for future postings on the cafe, as I'm sure I'll be checking it out in the future!

In the meantime, follow Genoa on Facebook for updates on menus, events, and to see more beautiful pictures of eye-catching, mouth-watering artistry.


Cheers,
Kate

Genoa is located at 2832 Southeast Belmont Street in Portland, Oregon.
Open 5:30pm-9:30pm Tuesday through Sunday.
503-238-1464.
Reservations strongly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment